Revd Cristina Cipriani was ordained and inducted into the Joint Pastorate of The Church at Carrs Lane and Digbeth-in-the-Field URC on Saturday 21st July at 2pm. The service was led by Revd Steve Faber, Moderator of the West Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.
We warmly welcome Cristina and look forward to sharing our church life with her.
Download a copy of the order of service here: Ordination & Induction, 21 Jul 2018, Order of Service – FINAL
Richard Holloway will be the 2018 lecturer in our radical lectures’ series on SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER 10am – 4pm
‘Believing, Forgiving, Dying: Our Walk Across The Stage’
Tickets cost £20 and are available from the church office: O121 643 6151 or email@example.com
Download the flyer here: lectures flyer 2018 RH
Download the order form for tickets: ticket order form 2018x
And still available from 2017:
A weekend in Birmingham with Gretta Vosper and Scott Kearns at The Church at Carrs Lane and the Unitarian New Meeting Church.
4½ hours of honest to godless value at £15 including p&p.
Available from Chris Avis at 37 Clifton Road, Exeter, Devon, EX1 2BN. Cheques payable to C. Avis, please. Or order via Paypal using firstname.lastname@example.org for your payment (no Paypal account needed).
Don’t forget your name and address!
Music at The Church at Carrs Lane
Details of upcoming music events will appear here.
Previous events have featured:
- The National Flute Orchestra ( www.nationalfluteorchestra.com )
- The former Central England Ensemble
- Birmingham Schools’ Recorder Ensemble & Birmingham Schools’ Recorder Sinfonia
- The Midland Chamber Players
- The Bacanu Quartet
- ‘Romanesca Tre’ Recorder Trio
- ‘Contrasts’ Piano Trio
- Lesley Morson (Oboe), Liz Wrighton (Flute) & Sara Wilander (Piano)
- Sandy Hay (Flute), Anne Hagyard (Oboe) & Jo Sealey (Piano)
- The Robson Piano Duo
- Kevin Robson & Hiroko Ueno (Piano Duets)
- Jill Crossland (Piano)
- David Joyce (Violin) & Richard Silk (Piano)
- Anna Downes (Violin) & Tony Bridgewater (Piano)
- Ruth Henley (Cello) & Ilya Chetverikov (Piano)
- ‘Bell on the Ivory Tower’ Trumpet & Piano Duo
- Martha Thompson (Flute) & Dan Bovey (Guitar)
- Stella Seaton-Sims (Mezzo-Soprano) & Michael Jones (Piano)
- Ian Howarth (Baritone) & Bernard Tan (Piano)
- Piano, Voice and Strings Students of Birmingham Conservatoire
- African drumming workshops