be.friend Retail Chaplaincy
Who and what is be.friend?
be.friend offers a chaplaincy service to people working in retail businesses of Birmingham City Centre.
be.friend is a Christian organisation sponsored by the Anglican, Methodist and United Reformed Church and is authorised by the Churches and Industry Group Birmingham and works in conjunction with all major faith committee in Birmingham.
What do we do?
Chaplains visit people in their place of work to offer friendship and to listen. Their support is unconditional, non-judgemental, independent and confidential. Through regular visiting of the workplace be.friend chaplains will endeavour to affirm the value of work and its place in human life and to make a positive contribution, to the culture and values of the organisation. be.friend Chaplains follow a set of ground rules which ensures people who receive chaplaincy are receiving a service that is professional and appropriate.
Meeting the team
be.friend Chaplains are a committed team of volunteers who offer Chaplaincy in a variety organisations. The team is led by Revd Elaine Hutchinson who is a member of The Church at Carrs Lane Clergy group.
be.friend Chaplains endeavour to:
- respect the needs of the business
- respect the needs of the individuals
- conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- adhere to the health and safety policy of the company
- respect the confidentiality of anything that is said to them (within the limits of the policy for the protection of children and vulnerable adults)
- Treat all people equally regardless of faith, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status.
be.friend Chaplains currently offer Chaplaincy to:
- The Bullring
- Great Western Arcade
- New St Station and Grand Central
- The Bullring Markets
For more information contact:
Revd Elaine Hutchinson Team Leader
Tel: 0121 6436151